I'm always looking for a meatless burger recipe that will hold up if cooked in a skillet or thrown on the grill. i've probably made dozens... and this recipe wins the prize. really really meaty and tasty, with such a tiny ingredient list. I halved the recipe and it made five large burgers. For dinner, for lunch, and for Z :)
-3 cups cooked lentils
-salt to taste
-1 onion, finely diced (i threw this in the food processor since i had it out)
-1 cup toasted whole grain bread crumbs
-1 tbsp olive oil
1. combine lentils, eggs and salt in the food processor. Puree until thick and creamy, like the consistency of hummus.
2. pour into a mixing bowl and stir in onions and bread crumbs.
3. let sit for a couple minutes.
4. shape into patties. (if it's too runny, add more bread crumbs. if too dry, add a bit of water)
5. cook in nonstick skillet with olive oil, 7-10 minutes on each side, or until bottoms turn brown.